Thursday, March 28, 2013

The Move

I've recently  moved to New Orleans. Yes, I moved to party capital of the world, the only place where there is a convention, event or festival everyday. I love the culture here. This city is filled with life and people are so diverse. I love everything from the emerging "Green" culture to the 24 hour daiquiri shops. But the streets and the park has to be the worst. My friends make fun of the roads here. It's the only where you drive 25 mph everywhere, not by choice. It's probably the only place where it takes you longer to find a parking space than it take to drive to the place. But is also coming from a girl who has lived in the country for the last four years, so needless to say it's a complete culture change.

I moved to New Orleans because I got a job here in the emerging "Green" industry. Being environmentally aware and having sustainable lifestyle is important to me. It's something I find is easy to incorporate into my daily life, whether its change light bulbs, recycling, or buy locally. I'm also lover small business. It's something about knowing exactly who and where your money and support is going. I find most small business quality is far more superior than chain places.

Til my next break...
Tohder

No comments:

Post a Comment