Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Joey K's

Last Tuesday while out on Magazine, I got a serious craving for traditional home cooked meal. Sometimes, I just want comfort food, nothing fancy or classy. But food that begin back to a wonderful memory from childhood. So, I stopped into several restaurants searching through the menus looking for the perfect comfort foods and final found Joey K's Restaurant and Bar. It's small restaurant on the corner of Magazine and Seventh. It's one of those New Orleans traditional "hole in the walls" but that's one many beautiful things about this city.

I ordered stewed chicken with green beans and mashed potatoes, it was one of the specials that day. It was not fine dining but that's exactly want I wanted. It was delicious. That perfect mix between of southern soul food and Louisiana seasoning, I grow up with. This is a great local find for a affordable price.

Joey K's Restaurant & Bar on Urbanspoon





No comments:

Post a Comment